Landscape Photography Workshop
This very hands-on workshop is designed to help burgeoning photographers polish up their landscape photography and editing skills and boost their confidence. Working with the expert team from Stradbroke Island Photography, participants will dive into essential theory with lots of time to ask questions – and also practice the new shooting techniques they’ve learned.
Topics covered will include:
- Depth of field
- Using correct ISO and shutter speed
- Shooting RAW versus not
- Lens choice
- Composition and movement
- Filters, timings, weather and the importance of the
- Touching on advanced technique
The workshop will run for two hours and include on-location picture taking on North Stradbroke Island.
Participants will then have access to an online workshop guiding them through the Straddie Scape Lightroom editing process.The cost includes workshop notes, cheat sheets to tuck into your camera bag and barista coffee and tea. Participants need to wear comfortable shoes and bring an umbrella.
Prep wise, participants will need to have at least a basic to intermediate knowledge of their camera. For this reason, we suggest first completing our Beginner Photography Workshop.
Other requirements are:
- Your camera: this workshop is designed for digital
cameras with manual controls (P, A/Av, S/Tv and M
modes), including DSLR and mirrorless models
- Fully charged camera batteries and empty memory
- Lens/es (especially a good wide angle lens and any
other zoom lenses)
Sturdy tripod (highly recommended but not essential)
- Manual for your camera (we suggest downloading a
PDF version to your smartphone, computer or tablet)
- Cable release (highly recommended but not essential;
a cheaper solution would be a timer trigger you could
buy on eBay)
- You will also need a copy of Adobe Lightroom installed
for the follow-up online editing workshop, even if it’s just
a 30-day evaluation copy.
This course is designed to combine the minimum amount of fuss, gear lugging and fiddling with the maximum amount of fun.